Saturday, July 16, 2005

Are you MANLY?


Going for a new format to see if this makes the blog-reading any easier...
Left, is the city of SYDNEY...pretty nice skyline from a distance. Took the ferry across the harbor to Manly beach with a rented mountain bike.
Had these grandiose plans to bike up to Palm Beach, about 15 miles up from Manly Beach...but little did I know how hilly these coastal areas were going to be, so, I didn't make it too far before realizing that my legs weren't going to make it back if I made it all the way to my original destination! ha ha--gotta get a "relief" map.

Plus, I had an AussieLeague rubgy game to attend ("footy" they call it). And I was totally wrong when I said that I had an AussieRules game to go to in my last email.

I do get "castigated" by the localfolks when I mis-represent their sports...so "my sincerest of apologies". Brad does all he can to school me in the Aussie-assimilation. He had me try a "meatpie" at the game...and after I started to inquire about what was "in it"...I realized that I was better off not knowing at all ^_^

So of course, as all trips across unfamiliar lands go, you come across some pretty strange sightings...and today's blog pix-picks (as I seem only to be able to upload 5 pictures per blog...does anyone know anything about this? and/or how to include more???) are of:
(a) the most ethereal public bathroom I've ever experienced. Upon opening the door, you are blasted by this un-natural blue light reflecting off of all the tiled-walls and floors and flooding your whole bathroom experience with an off-kilter-sense of having entered some form of the "twilight zone".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home