Monday, September 19, 2005

Great Barrier Reef

I am a bit sad to say that I have not prepared a blog for this entry. I was incredibly exhausted by the end of this trip, getting mighty sick right as I disembarked from the boat...so photos were pretty spottily taken...and my mind was simply awash.

I did have an incredible day out on the reef and i took a handful of pictures...

I snorkeled and free-dove around the reef (saw all kindsa amazing fishies, coral, turtles, mantarays and delightful/colorful/beautiful sea-sights), including a mile long open-water swim to an sand-bar island (Yappolo Island) off the Passions of Paradise boat where we anchored for a few hours...

But my plan at this point is to get "certified" so that I can do some diving and come back for a week, so that I can be appreciative of the beautfy (literally down-under).


Our way out to the reef:




Our boat:



Out on the reef:


On our way back to Cairns:




A beautiful day was enjoyed by all--plenty of sun, sea, snorkeling (diving as well) and food!!! A fabulous day with land-sickness for hours afterwards to remind me of where I had just come from (for literally days!!!). With all my gear aboard the boat, I treked my poor ailing body to the bus station where I was to catch a bus. I was leaving Cairns and headed back south towards Rockhampton with a quick overnight stop in Mission Beach to see Sofie one last time before we both began trips in completely different directions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home